I evaluate and assess clients for a variety of legal and medical reasons.
Competency to Stand Trial (CST)
Utilized in court proceedings to determine a person’s competency to stand trial, CST evaluations are very specialized, requiring specific training and expertise. These can include:
- Client clinical interviews
- Psychopathology and personality testing
- Interviews of personal physicians, psychotherapists, teachers, etc.
- Interviews of neighbors, friends, and family
- Review of legal documents or court orders
- Review of prior physical and mental health records
Psychosexual evaluations of adult men and women, children as young as 12, and people with intellectual disabilities, can be used during different phases of investigation, trial, sentencing, or post-release.
Evaluations can include:
- Sexual interest or attraction (i.e. pre-pubescent, adolescent, adult, etc.)
- Risk for recidivism or re-offense and risk level
- Paraphilic disorders
- Psychosocial history, relationship history, sexual history, etc.
- Comparison to sex offender population
- Emotional and intelligence testing
- Interviews with client, family, attorney, etc.
I also provide witness testimony in court. Contact me for more information.
Pre-surgical evaluations are for clients undergoing surgery for pain stimulator or bariatric weight loss or lap band surgery. Many surgeons and companies need a complete mental health evaluation that addresses general psychiatric health, history of illness, and long-term recovery concerns. Evaluations can include:
- Psychological history
- Readiness for change
- Behavioral challenges
- Emotional factors
- Patient limitations or other causes for concern