Psychosexual evaluations of adult men and women, children as young as 12, and people with intellectual disabilities, can be used during different phases of investigation, trial, sentencing, or post-release.
Evaluations can include:
- Sexual interest or attraction (i.e. pre-pubescent, adolescent, adult, etc.)
- Risk for recidivism or re-offense and risk level
- Paraphilic disorders
- Psychosocial history, relationship history, sexual history, etc.
- Comparison to sex offender population
- Emotional and intelligence testing
- Interviews with client, family, attorney, etc.
I also provide witness testimony in court. Contact me for more information.
Competency to Stand Trial (CST)
Utilized in court proceedings to determine a person’s competency to stand trial, CST evaluations are very specialized, requiring specific training and expertise. These can include:
- Client clinical interviews
- Psychopathology and personality testing
- Interviews of personal physicians, psychotherapists, teachers, etc.
- Interviews of neighbors, friends, and family
- Review of legal documents or court orders
- Review of prior physical and mental health records
Pre-surgical evaluations are for clients undergoing surgery for pain stimulator or bariatric weight loss or lap band surgery. Many surgeons and companies need a complete mental health evaluation that addresses general psychiatric health, history of illness, and long-term recovery concerns. Evaluations can include:
- Psychological history
- Readiness for change
- Behavioral challenges
- Emotional factors
- Patient limitations or other causes for concern